Hello All,
This summer, my campus read "One Word" by Jon Gordon. One Word to Change Your Life is a short video about it. The book took all of 45 minutes to read, but it took me about a month to really figure out my word. I thought I had found my word twice before, but it didn't stick. Then, as I was writing in my journal, it hit me, Matter. I want what I do to matter. When I it's 6pm on a Wednesday and I'm overwhelmed with paperwork, I want to remember that what I am doing matters. I want my students to know that they matter and their lives, family, and education all matter to me. I cannot wait to share all of this with them throughout the school year.
At the beginning of the year, I am going to work with my students on finding their own word. I am planning on having One Word journals for them to write in once a week about their word and how it is effecting their lives. I want everyone's word on a bulletin board to help us support each other in our goals.
I realize this is a boring post, but they will get better.
Thanks,
Amber Sparks
No comments:
Post a Comment